About This Course
Learners credited with this unit standard will be able to understand the development and application of work permit systems.
NQF Level: 3
Unit Standard: 120216
NQF Level: 4
Unit Standard: 120359
You will have 7 days to complete this course from date of registration.
After 7 calendar days your course will be cancelled
All exams need to be completed within the time frame given
You are entitled to 3 attempts to re-write your Summative Assessment (Exam) if found Not Competent
IF YOU ARE FOUND SKIPPING THE COURSE BY CLICKING THE COMPLETE BUTTON YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
After completing the Summative Assessment (Exam) will be evaluated by an assessor.
You will then be Redirected to the course where you will be able to download your certificate.
If you are declared Not Yet Competent and have exceed the time frame given OR the course has expired you will have to re-register and pay.
Unit standards are not displayed on the online certificate, if unit standard is required please contact our offices at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please not You will not have access to the course content once the course has expired , you will need to re-register to access course content
A work permit system is a formal written system used to control certain types of work that are potential hazardous.
A work permit is a document which specifies the work to be done and the precautions to be taken. Work permits form an essential part of safe systems of work for many maintenance activities.
They allow work to start after safe procedures have been defined and they provide a clear record that all foreseeable hazards have been considered. The purpose of this course is to provide you with knowledge regarding the requirements of a work permit and the use there of to safely perform maintenance activities and any other task that requires a work permit in the workplace.
10 TIPS FOR TAKING THIS ONLINE COURSE
1. Identify your learning objectives.
2. Familiarize yourself with what is expected.
3. Hold yourself accountable.
4. Practice time management.
5. Create a dedicated study space and stay organized.
6. Eliminate distractions.
7. Figure out how YOU learn best and build a study plan.
8. Make sure that you have reliable internet access.
9. Review, Revise, Repeat.
10. Stay motivated.
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Completed trade.
- 23 yrs. Of age + 5 years’ work-related experience.
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3.
- Unit standard: Provide risk-based primary emergency care/first aid in the workplace: SAQA ID - 120496.
- Unit standard: Respond to, implement and manage emergencies according to an emergency action plan in a workplace: SAQA ID - 120329.
- Unit standard: Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to fires in working places: SAQA ID - 120331.
- Employees whose work-related activities involve the management and control of occupational health, safety, environment and quality (HSEQ) issues, and who need to use observation practices as part of this management and control.
- Employees whose work-related activities involve the safe making and control of high-risk activities requiring permits as identified by the company / organisation.
- Employees whose work-related activities involve the performance of tasks and duties as well as control of high-risk activities requiring permits as identified by the company / organisation.