About This Course
Learn to operate as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer.
- You will have 14 days to complete this course from date of registration.
- After 14 calendar days your course will be cancelled
- All exams need to be completed within the time frame given
- You are entitled to 3 attempts to re-write your Summative Assessment (Exam) if found Not Competent
- IF YOU ARE FOUND SKIPPING THE COURSE BY CLICKING THE COMPLETE BUTTON YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
- After completing the Summative Assessment (Exam) will be evaluated by an assessor.
- You will then be Redirected to the course where you will be able to download your certificate.
- If you are declared Not Yet Competent and have exceed the time frame given OR the course has expired you will have to re-register and pay.
- Unit standards are not displayed on the online certificate, if unit standard is required please contact our offices at email@example.com
- Please not You will not have access to the course content once the course has expired , you will need to re-register to access course content
- Part 1 consists of “The Occupational Health and Safety Representative.”
- Part 2 consists of “The Occupational Health and Safety Officer.”
This course is presented in two parts to serve as stepping stones and optimise exposure to conditions in the workplace in order to better equip an individual to provide due diligence in the work place.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer.
An Occupational Health and Safety Officer serve as a facilitator and advisor to employees and management regarding safety and health aspects in the workplace including the monitoring and inspecting of the workplace and the recording and investigation of incidents and accidents. They also implement and maintain Occupational Health and Safety systems in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Occupational Health and Safety is a core element for the success of all enterprises globally. The right to work in a safe and healthy environment is entrenched in the South African Constitution. The accountability for Occupational Health and safety is shared by all stakeholders and there are well established global practices and processes for ensuring Occupational Health and Safety. Over the years the development and implementation of these systems have become a science on its own. Line managers are trained in these processes and a cadre of specialised employees has been established to develop, implement and monitor the effective use of these global best practices.
Knowledge Modules – Total Credits: 32
Practical Skill Modules – Total Credits: 38
Work Experience Modules – Total Credits: 81
UNIT STANDARD ALIGNMENT
NQF Level: 03
SAQA Standard: 99714
– This course is fully online – no classrooms or other sessions
-Support is given by an assigned Tutor on Email and Whatsapp Course Group
-Learners are to arrange and complete their own practical’s for the course
-Learners need to have a matric (or equivalent certificate)
-This cause can count towards the occupational health and safety practitioner certificate
10 TIPS FOR TAKING THIS ONLINE COURSE
1. Identify your learning objectives.
2. Familiarize yourself with what is expected.
3. Hold yourself accountable.
4. Practice time management.
5. Create a dedicated study space and stay organized.
6. Eliminate distractions.
7. Figure out how YOU learn best and build a study plan.
8. Make sure that you have reliable internet access.
9. Review, Revise, Repeat.
10. Stay motivated.
- Matric or Similar
- Anybody wanting to operate as an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner.