About This Course
General Supervisor – Having a supervisor who is well trained will make your employees more productive. If a supervisor is also trained in effective communication, he/she will be more effective in insuring smooth-running operations.
UNIT STANDARD ALIGNMENT
NQF Level: 2
AIM OF THE COURSE
The aim of the Learner guide is to provide you with a knowledge framework that has been compiled from the unit standard. It covers all the:
– Specific Outcomes (Steppingstones)
– Assessment Criteria (Check Points)
– EEK (Essential Embedded Knowledge)
– CCFO (Critical Cross-field Outcomes)
The guide is divided up into modules and sub modules and will more likely follow the specific outcomes. Imbedded in the content are the knowledge, skill, and attitudes you will need to comply with assessment criteria.
The content written also covers all the Essential Embedded Knowledge and the Critical Cross-field Outcomes that is required by the unit standard.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
In any organisation, the supervisor is basically the representative of the employer. He/she must fully understand all organisation’s policies and procedures and rights to be sure that violations will be avoided. Then, it is necessary to know how to deal with concerns and complaints.
Having a supervisor who is well trained will make your employees more productive. If a supervisor is also trained in effective communication, he/she will be more effective in insuring smooth-running operations.
They need to be trained on how to:
– Deliver coaching
– Actively and effectively listen
– Deliver bad news
– Deliver effective performance feedback
– Deliver praise
All these items will increase the productivity of their employees.
10 TIPS FOR TAKING THIS ONLINE COURSE
1. Identify your learning objectives.
2. Familiarize yourself with what is expected.
3. Hold yourself accountable.
4. Practice time management.
5. Create a dedicated study space and stay organized.
6. Eliminate distractions.
7. Figure out how YOU learn best and build a study plan.
8. Make sure that you have reliable internet access.
9. Review, Revise, Repeat.
10. Stay motivated.